Peppermint coffee really embodies the holidays for me. And for just a standard peppermint coffee it is quite easy to make. Just make your coffee as you normally do, then add a drop of peppermint extract (careful a little goes a long way!)
For a more coffee bistro style peppermint coffee try the recipe below:
Chocolate Peppermint Coffee
- Coffee made in your coffee maker
- Candy Cane (small candy canes or the round hard peppermint candies also work)
- Chocolate syrup
- Make your coffee as usual, but leave it black, don't add sugar or creamer.
- Crush the candy canes.
- Fill your coffee mug about 1/4 full of the milk and heat in the microwave for about 30 - 45 seconds.
- Pour the coffee over the warm milk, pour in some chocolate syrup (to taste) and add your crushed candy cane. Stir up your coffee. (adjust chocolate and peppermint to taste)
- If you want you can also add whipped topping, drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle some more crushed peppermint on top of the whipped cream.