First you will want to save your coffee, the best way to save it is to put it in a container in the fridge. I like using a glass milk bottle to store my coffee in the fridge, since it is clear glass I know right away what is in the container. I do let the coffee cool some before pouring into the milk bottle so that the heat doesn't crack the glass.
Here are 10 uses for your leftover coffee:
- Make some Mocha Brownies. Just replace the water or milk in your favorite recipe with coffee.
- Coffee Ice Cream. If you own an ice cream freezer, you can use the coffee to flavor your vanilla ice cream recipe to give it a nice coffee flavor.
- Use to marinate your steaks or beef. Many people like to mix it with chili powder for their marinades.
- If you own any houseplants that need more acidic soil you can use coffee to water them occassionally to help boost the acid level in the soil.
- Freeze to use as ice in iced coffee drinks so that your iced coffee doesn't become watered down.
- Create a mocha frosting. This can be done with most frosting flavors, just stir it into the frosting that you are making, works well on most cake flavors as well.
- Use to dye fabrics, paper, or even to stain wood.
- Make Tiramisu, just do a search for tiramisu recipes and choose the one that sounds the best to you.
- Make red eye gravy.
- Keep cooled in the refrigerator and make your own easy iced coffees throughout the day.