- Smoothies with nut butter, the protein from the nut butter gives you a bit of an energy boost. Get out your blender and try creating some unique smoothies.
- Wheatgrass juice is bragged about for it's healthy benefits, want to try it? You may need a wheatgrass juicer if it becomes a daily habit.
- Chai Lattes are similar enough to coffee that if you are cutting coffee to cut back on caffeine then you can trick your brain into thinking it is getting coffee. Chai does have some caffeine in it, but not as much as coffee does.
- Lemon water. The citrus taste will help give you a bit of a jolt.
- Pomegranate juice. Drink alone or mix with a smoothie.
- Prune juice, drink alone or dilute with water or apple juice.
- Peppermint tea. The minty flavor will tingle your tastebuds helping you to perk up.
- Green tea. Many people like green tea since it helps some to feel more energized.
- Hot chocolate.
- Warm fruit ciders.
Monday, July 23, 2012
10 Alternatives to Coffee
Maybe you are trying to cut back on your coffee intake, or just want something a little bit different. We have composed a list of 10 alternatives to coffee. So let your coffee maker take a break and try out these beverages: